23. Juni 2020
with Jo Van Bulck
L4 and L4Re
09. Mai 2020
with Michael Hohmuth
Show Notes and Links
Flo and Julian talk with Michael Hohmuth, who is the head and co-founder of Kernkonzept. Michael was already interested in operating systems before he joined the OS group at TU Dresden. He started to write the first L4 variant in a high-level language when the state of the art was to write them in assembly.
Many years later, Michael together with other long-time L4 developers continue their passion at Kernkonzept. We talk with Michael about how L4 began and evolved in Dresden, how work continues at Kernkonzept and how L4 eventually powered a smart oven (among other things, of course).
- Discuss the episode in Matrix room #ukvly:matrix.org or on Freenode IRC #ukvly.
- Send feedback to email@example.com or via Twitter.
- L4 Microkernel Family
- The Performance of µ-Kernel-based Systems
- The Nizza Secure-System Architecture
- Kernkonzept Github
- ELAN programming language
- SOSP Conference
- SiMKo 3 phone
- Rob Pike: Systems Software Research is Irrelevant
- Singularity OS
- OSDev Wiki