23. Juni 2020
with Jo Van Bulck
Show Notes and Links
Flo and Julian invited Jo Van Bulck to the Syslog Podcast. Jo is probably best known for discovering the Foreshadow vulnerability in Intel CPUs, but his research is into the broader security of Trusted Execution Environments (TEEs). In this episode, we’ve picked the most high-profile TEE technology: Jo guides us through the confusing and impressive thing that is the Intel Software Guard Extensions.
- Discuss the episode in Matrix room #ukvly:matrix.org or on Freenode IRC #ukvly.
- Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter.
- Intel SGX Whitepaper
- SGX 101
- Foreshadow Scientific Paper
- Load Value Injection
- Overview of Transient Execution Attacks
- SGX-Step Tutorial
- Nemesis: Studying Microarchitectural Timing Leaks in Rudimentary CPU Interrupt Logic
- A Tale of Two Worlds: Assessing the Vulnerability of Enclave Shielding Runtimes